Friday, June 3, 2011

Sara; Chad VanGaalen

Chad VanGaalen is a Canadian singer/songwriter from Calgary, Alberta. He is 34 years old.¹ He is also animator and producer.²


VanGaalen has released four full studio albums, the latest this year. To be exact, the latest album, called "Diaper Island", was released May 17.³ Pitchfork critics said the "its [his] cohesive sound and restraint [and] an economy in his instrumentation and recording" that makes this album a success. VanGaalen's style should be defined as indie folk. SubPop states that "with Diaper Island, VanGaalen distills his approach, producing his most sonically cohesive album to date, and the closest thing he has done to a rock album."


The whistling song is called Sara. Download.

You will pull strange gifts from the heart of the trees, oh
Unforgotten love not forgotten peace, oh no
Will you drag me into the heart of the boiling sea?
You can soothe my mind with your silence,
Oh Sara, I hear you calling me

Sara, wake me up when you're home
Ah, Sara, wake me up when you're home
Sara, wake me up when you're home
Ah, Sara, wake me up when you're home

You're a golden beam breaking into the ocean deep
On a single breathe to be lead to escape, no
Now you cast your light and exposing the same colors, oh
You consume my mind into silence,
Oh, Sara, I hear you calling me

Sara, wake me up when you're home
Ah, Sara, wake me up when you're home
Sara, wake me up when you're home
Ah, Sara, wake me up when you're home


1 comment:

  1. hey hey, ow ow!
    tão falando por aí que Chad tem outra canção assobiativa!

    PARECE que é "Phantom Anthills" do disco "Soft Airplane" lançado em dois-mile-oito

    procure saber meu flho, procure sabre...

    ReplyDelete