Monday, May 23, 2011

Sunday with a Flu; Yodelice

There is a coincidence and a finding of lazyness in the post today.

The latter because I discovered a few hours ago one Facebook's page that reunites songs with whistling too (of course the amount of songs on my blog is unachievable!). But I realized that I should be the one keeping that page. Well... Lazyness 1 x 0 me.

"Sunday With a Flu" was on the top of this page, and because I didn't know it, I quickly clicked to listen to it and decided to post it today. Then I saw the coincidence.

"Sunday With a Flu" was composed and is played by a French musician called Maxim Nucci, best known by his alter ego named Yodelice. Nucci created this melancholic persona in a visit to USA. Returning to Europe, he wrote some of his songs in a folk/ethnic style.¹

This song was released in Yodelice's 2009 album called "Tree of Life". According to Last.FM, it is his most famous song.


The coincidence? My little sister got the flu this weekend.

Closed my door, forgot my key
Missed my bus in the pouring rain
It's been the usual sunday with a flu
And I just can't get over you

Burnt my toast and lost your number
Cut my finger, spilled my beer
It's been the usual sunday with a flu
And I just can't get over you

I put your stockings in my purple boots
What if I don't get over you?

Had a chat and left my hat
Ate my dog and walked my cat
It's been the usual sunday with a flu
And I just can't get over you

I put your stockings in my purple boots
What if I don't get over you?

I put your stockings in my purple boots
What if I don't get over you?

Called a cabbage threw the garbage
Asked for help and got some kelp
It's been the usual sunday with a flu
And I just can't get over you

I put your stockings in my purple boots
What if I don't get over you?




No comments:

Post a Comment