Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Chicken Pox; I’m From Barcelona

I’m From Barcelona is a funny group. It’s almost like a community, so many members are part of it. Twenty-nine! It’s more than Brazilian pagode groups can handle; and they handle very much! Look: 1, 2, 3.

Thanks God I’m From Barcelona hasn’t the pagode style, anyway. The band style is pop, but a pop with “clarinets, saxophones, flutes, trumpets, banjos, accordions, kazoos, guitars, drums, and keyboards among others” instruments¹. The most of the members are back vocals and its lead singer and major composer is Emanuel Lundgren. The band is Swedish, of course. xD

They released three studio albums. I downloaded them illegally and heard them. All three are fine, very very very fine. First album, “Let me Introduce my Friends” is the one that interests us. It was released in 2006 and its singles were “Treehouse” and “Collection of Stamps”.

The whistling song of the day is called “Chicken Pox”. Chicken Pox is a contagious illness that is common in kids and, as the song says, if you had it once you won't have it anymore. And the singer wanted this for his little broken heart.


As a kid I had the chicken pox
the german measles and the scarlet fever
and I don’t ever want to go through that again

I had to tell my little broken heart
I had to tell it I’m immune to love
'cause I don’t ever want to go through that again

You can’t have it once you’ve had it
You can’t have it once you’ve had it
You can’t have it once you’ve had it, no


No comments:

Post a Comment