Sunday, March 28, 2010

No Complaints; Beck

"The Information" is the tenth (and seventh major-label) studio album by American alternative rock musician Beck, released in October 2006 on Interscope Records. It was produced and mixed by longtime Beck collaborator Nigel Godrich. Recording began in 2003 concurrently with Guero, but the album was not completed until 2006. Rolling Stone magazine has named it the 24th best album of 2006, while Spin magazine ranked it number 10 on their 40 Best Albums of 2006.

The album reached #7 on the US's Billboard 200, #6 in Canada and #31 on Australia's ARIA Chart. As of July 2008, The Information has sold 434,000 copies in the United States."¹

In the music video, we see Beck himself whistling and also the blondie girl with a pandeiro around her head.

We are aimless
And the target is an empty wall
We're out of patience
With smiles that cut across her face
No complaints
But I wish I had my top of my brain
I'd like to walk
But the sun doesn't know we're awake

We're in spaceships
Take a visit to the Pyranees
Paid vacations
Send a brochure from the agency
No complaints
But my girlfriend dug a ditch in my room
Walking papers and a hole
Straight out from my shoes

No complaints
But it's harder
To believe in the truth
She'll write a message
On a billboard
And I'll send it to you

We feel painless
Check the status on the info line
In some ways tainted
Radiation from the factory
No complaints
But it's overrated, that's for sure
Take a bus back
From Little Rock, Arkansas
Or Modesto
That's where my drawl comes from


No comments:

Post a Comment